Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello Second Trimester!!

Today I have reached 13 weeks! I have read different places the second trimester starts week 12, 13, and 14, however I am going with week 13. I am very excited and grateful to have made it this far, and I hope my baby continues to stay put and grow. The last couple weeks have been pretty uneventful, with the exception of a few days last week. Wednesday and Thursday were not too nice to me. I had a very hard time eating lunch both those days. I felt like I was going to gag with each bite I took. So, I ate what I could and left it at that. Dinner time I was completely fine, and no issues eating. So, I am not sure what that was all about.
I have noticed that it is a lot harder for me to eat what I am used to at one time. I get full pretty fast, but then hungry again a couple hours later. I think I am learning to just put aside the rest of my dinner or lunch for when I am hungry again to finish it. Pregnancy has a lot of things to get used too. I never realized just how much things do change, for instance sleep! I have always heard the last trimester is the worst for sleep, but no one ever told me you have trouble sleeping the WHOLE time you are pregnant. It has been a good 13 weeks since I have slept ALL the way through the night. I wake up either because I have to pee, which is on average 2 times a night, or because I have some sort of crazy dream that wakes me up. Then, I usually have a hard time falling back to sleep. I think this is why pregnant women are always tired, they don't get any sleep at night.

Well here are a couple pictures for you guys, my 13 week belly shot which I think is starting to round out at the bottom and the six week to compare. Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. loving it!! yay for 2nd trimester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Happy 2nd trimester! And for the record I THINK you are carrying the way they "say" a boy shows :)

    ReplyDelete